Sunday, May 29

I got lost....???

Where have I been?  I haven't posted since the 11th and I feel reeeaaallly bad about it.  Well, I have been slightly productive in other areas of my life and my attention was slightly diverted.  However, I have been busy reading! (waiting for an applause?  Slow clap?) I'll just pat myself on the back.  Notice that I have updated my "Reading Now" and "What I Plan to Read" sections!

Over the course of my hiatus I have read a book that I have been meaning to read for a while now.  I finally forced myself to buy it on my kindle and I don't regret my decision.

 The Conversation: How Black Men and Women can Build Loving, Trusting Relationship

I enjoyed Hill Harper's perspective, personal story and advice in this book.  It was a great unbiased read and featured real, truthful opinions from black women and men both single and married.  I took a few things from it regarding the importance of communication throughout the entire relationship and I encourage everyone to treat yourself to this "modern" self-help! It doesn't matter if you are in a relationship or not.

Buy it here!

No comments: