Thursday, May 5

Reading Now: The TV Writer's Workbook: A Creative Approach to Television Scripts -Ellen Sandler

Several months ago, I revisited an old passion.  In my younger years I was a songwriter, playwright, screenwriter, poet and author.  As life made me older so did my passion for writing.  While moving, I ran across a few personal journals that featured some of my works.  I must say, with a little commitment and craft development, I could call myself a writer.

In search of craft development, I picked up this workbook by Ellen Sandler.  The book is an automatic page turner for me since I'm most interested in writing for television.  However, the book requires exercise completion and active participation.  At that moment, I was interested in learning the craft, but also a good lazy read before I go to bed at night.  This caused me to put the book down for a couple of months.  This workbook is not for the lazy reader!

Now, I'm picking it back up! I'm going to complete every exercise and I'm going to develop a spec script using this tool.  I'm going to record my progress every step of the way.  So stay tuned as this highly acclaimed book take me to the next level of my writing career. 


Get your own copy of The TV Writer's Workbook: A Creative Approach to Television Scripts by Ellen Sandler HERE

No comments: